ONTARIO IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (OINP)
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is that the province’s economic immigration program. It works in partnership with the govt of Canada through Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Foreign workers, international students et al. with the correct skills, experience, and education apply to the OINP for a nomination. The OINP recognizes and nominates people for permanent residence who have the abilities and knowledge the Ontario economy needs, and therefore the Government of Canada makes the ultimate decision to approve applications for permanent residence.
There are three main categories you will qualify for as a nominee:
- 1.Employer job offer category: for workers who have already got a permanent job offer from an Ontario employer
- 2.Human capital category: for workers who have valuable work experience, education, language skills, and a profile in Canada’s Express Entry system; or for graduate students
- 3.Business category: for entrepreneurs looking to begin a brand new or buy an existing business in Ontario
Employer job offer category
The employer job offer category has three streams. You must have a full-time and permanent job offer from an Ontario employer to qualify
- Foreign Worker stream: for workers in skilled positions
- International Student stream: for recent graduates in Ontario
- In-Demand Skills stream: for intermediate skilled workers in specific sectors, like agriculture, construction, trucking, and private support workers
Human Capital Category
To qualify under Ontario’s Express Entry streams, you must have received a notification of interest from Ontario and have an up-to-date profile with your most current work experience, language tests and education in the federal government’s Express Entry system.
French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream:
for French-Speaking skilled workers with the required work experience, education and language proficiency in French and English.
Human Capital Priorities stream:
for skilled workers with the required work experience, education and language proficiency in French or English.
Skilled Trades stream:
for workers with work experience in Ontario in an eligible trade occupation
The business category has one stream. You must be an entrepreneur from outside of Canada who is looking to implement a new business idea or buy and grow an existing business in Ontario.