NOVA SCOTIA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM
Canada is a land of opportunities and stunning beauty. It won’t take you five minutes in the wonderful province of Nova Scotia to know this is true. Let’s begin by learning a bit more about what makes this province so great for the many residents that live here in Canada.
Nova Scotia is one of Canada’s four Atlantic Provinces, primarily consisting of the peninsula but also with many offshore islands. Nova Scotia is popular for water sports in the summer, such as kayaking and paddle boarding and is home to many cute puffins and seals.
The province also boasts the incredibly unique Bay of Fundy, which is one of Canada’s most popular tourist destinations, famous for its drastic high and low tides as well as whale watching. The capital city of Halifax is known for its lively waterfront, star-shaped Citadel and legendary ice hockey team, the Mooseheads. A low cost of living and high quality of life make Nova Scotia an enjoyable and affordable place to live. The Nova Scotian government introduced organizations with a mandate to help new immigrants find jobs, improve their language skills and enroll in university, making their integration easier.
The people of Nova Scotia are friendly, welcoming and live in safe communities. Their healthcare system puts people first, based on need and not financial status. There are also numerous opportunities across various industries in the provincial labour market.
Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program
Through the Nova Scotia PNP, prospective immigrants to Nova Scotia, who have the skills and experience targeted by the province, may be nominated for immigration. Candidates, who receive a Nova Scotia Nomination certificate, may have their application fast-tracked, speeding up the immigration process.
There are several routes you can take to get a Provincial Nomination. Discover which of these programs is the right one for you below.
Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities Stream
- To be selected for this stream, you must first be entered into the federal Express Entry pool. The province will choose you from this pool if you meet the labour market needs of Nova Scotia at a particular time. You can only apply if you receive a Letter of Interest form the Nova Scotian Office of Immigration.
- You also need to meet the following requirements:
- Issued a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Nominee Program;
- You must meet the work experience requirements of the Express Entry you qualified for;
- You must have enough funds to successfully support and establish you and your dependents in the province;
- You must have legal status in your country of residence;
- The last requirement will change depending on the needs of the province, for example, the last round targeted registered and psychiatric nurses and you had to have work experience in that occupation to qualify.